This year we offer an innovative format and some invigorating add-ons. Some things will be the same – concurrent streams for determinative and consensual processes, an unparalleled opportunity to learn, network and socialise and of course, excellence in presentations.
- Sector meetings for those practising in the rural sector, family dispute resolution and construction adjudication.
- The AUT – AMINZ Young Arbitration Group – advocacy in arbitration.
- Newbies Event for anyone new to conference, sponsored by Wynn Williams.
- A Women’s Breakfast (open to all) facilitated by Judy Dell
- 8 discussion groups on hot topics.
- A walking tour of Christchurch led by Alex Goodall.
- Gala dinner at the newly reopened Christchurch Town Hall emceed by Malcolm Wallace
- Social events aplenty including a Christchurch cocktail crawl with Janice Williams and Stuart Rose.
- The future of dispute resolution with Mary Walker
- Leading through crisis: A conversation with Ken Feinberg who will be interviewed by Mark Kelly
- Solving the Christchurch Cathedral Dispute – with Jeremy Johnson, Miriam Dean QC and Hon Philip Burdon interviewed by Hayden Wilson
Consensual – Sponsored by Fairway Resolution Limited
- Dispute systems design – The future? With Mary Walker – chaired by Kate Wiseman
- Resolving Wicked Problems in Communities with Bill Rainey and Simon Dadley-Moore – chaired by Keri Morris
- Natural disasters: an out of court system to resolve conflict with John Hardie – chaired by Gaye Greenwood
- Dealing with Dispute Junkies with Mike Dunn – chaired by Justice Dale Clarkson
- Resolving Disputes: A Cross-Cultural Analysis with Prof Paul Morris – chaired by David Robinson
- Deep Diving: Investigations, Inquiries and Reviews – looking beneath the surface with Maria Dew QC – chaired by Rachael Schmidt-McCleave
- Restoratively Speaking with Fiona Buchan-Ng, Bruce McLaren and Wayne Marriott – chaired by Nicola Hartfield
- Discussion group – Future Proofing your Business with Megan Williams
- Discussion group – Working Collaboratively for A Better Future with Kirsty Swadling
- Discussion group – You see it here! You see it there! You see it everywhere! Ka kitea i konei! Ka kitea i Kora, Ka kitea I nga wahi katoa! With Denise Evans and Alex Millen
- Farm debt mediation discussion group with MPI’s Jonathan Rudge
Determinative – Sponsored by Russell McVeagh
- The Future of Infrastructure in New Zealand with Polly Pope – chaired by Emily Walton
- Arbitration Disputes with Maori Trusts with Damian Chesterman and John Koning – chaired by Hon Chris Finlayson QC
- “Doing it Better”: Making arbitration work better for domestic disputes under the Arbitration Act 1996 with John Walton, Dr Anna Kirk, Lauren Lindsay and Samuel Jeffs – chaired by Hon Nicholas Davidson QC
- Debate – Evidence and witness immunities in NZ arbitrations – is the Evidence Act 2006 irrelevant? With Daniel Kalderimis and Hon Paul Heath QC – chaired by Catherine Green
- Arbitrating International Trade Disputes: What does the Future Hold? with Penelope Ridings
- Employment Arbitrations: Mapping a Course in Abandoned and Uncharted Waters with Graeme Colgan – chaired by Peter Whiteside QC
- Discussion group – Can I do this? Should I do this?- Ethics in Arbitration with Terry Sissons
- Discussion group – Effective Dispute Resolution for IT Projects with Gerard Doolin and Catherine Green
- Discussion group – Compulsory Arbitration: Unravelling the complications with Darise Bennington
- Discussion group – Arbitration Experiences from the Middle East with Bill Gambrill
- Working flexibly across borders – London, Cape Town, Mt Maunganui
with Nicole Smith
- What’s possible when different world views are recognised with Baden Vertongen
- AMINZ: Looking at the past to face the future with Phillip Green
- Promoting your business on a low to no budget: the top tips with Deborah Hart
- From people and pasture to trees and honey with Bruce Cottrill